Color composition shows the breakdown of colors of retailers/brand products. It can be compared against competitors by selecting retailers/brands at the main filter bar and grouping the analysis by Retailer/Brand at the analysis filter. A comparative analysis can also be further analysed by sub-colors.
As seen in the Color Composition card, a breakdown of core color and sub color are represented in a pie chart for respective retailers/brands, supported by SKU counts and percentage breakdown beneath.
‘Show Colors’ card option allows you to breakdown the information by All, Seasonal Only, or Grayscale only colors selection.
This analysis is useful to spot color opportunity by comparing the top colors stocked by a retailer against its competitor(s). Another useful adoption of this analysis is for new collection design. Depending on the goal of the analysis, we recommend reviewing it on a periodical basis by monthly or quarterly intervals.
- What are the core colors available across competitors?
- What is the proportion of Grayscale vs Seasonal colors?
- What are the differences between competitors’ top 5 core colors?
- How broad are competitors’ color offerings?
- What are the color opportunities identified?