The delivery phasing & launch calendar also commonly known as the merchandise marketing calendar is essential for all retail business. It provides a birds-eye view of a retailers’ marketing strategy for the seasonal year, with the inclusion of a merchandise plan to complement any promotional campaign launches. The clear visibility on both newness and discount launches highlighted in the calendar facilitates both merchandising planning in stock arrivals to the market, and marketing planning in creating leads and content to achieve the business ultimate goal in increasing sales revenue.
A well-planned merchandise marketing calendar could be achieved by taking below steps:-
- Establish the key campaigns and festive period in the market you served in
- Review competitors’ new-in and discount launch strategies
- Validate competitors’ launch strategies performance
- Analyse effectiveness of competitors’ campaign launches
- Optimise own brand new-in and discount launch strategies
Taking the initial steps of formulating a merchandise marketing calendar as illustrated above facilitates better planning and strategising delivery phasing and intake newness arrivals into the market. This enables you to achieve:-
- Efficient stock distribution across platform (ie. stock profiling framework)
- Stronger sales conversion on and off-peak period
- Stronger ABS (Average Basket Size), UPT (Unit per Transaction), ATV (Average Transaction Value)
- Cost-saving by reducing warehouse storage costs and overstock issue
Understanding market demand and having an efficient stock management system to support is the core of all retail businesses. A well-planned merchandise marketing calendar drives advance planning and strategising into actionable steps to achieve business goals.
We hope you found this article helpful! If you have any questions or would like to explore the Omnilytics dashboard further, feel free to reach out to your respective Client Success Manager.