Behind every successful business lays a strong foundation of market research. This is a key step which is often deprioritized by businesses, not knowing the value it possess to the business growth in the long term. Market research and competitor analysis is the action of gathering, analysing and interpreting external market data to help businesses make wise decisions.
The adoption of Omnilytics dashboard helps in conducting a thorough market analysis and competitor research incorporating both internal and external data. The forward strategy could be formulated effectively to develop commercial decision making.
- To identify primary competitors
- To identify secondary competitors
- To review competitors’ assortment mix strategy
- To review competitors’ pricing strategy
- To review competitors’ online distribution channels presence and performance
- To review competitors’ discount and promotion strategy
- To review competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
- To analyse competitors’ market positioning and performance
In addition, the research has to be supplemented with internal information such as:-
- Develop a SWOT Analysis
- Identify own brand Unique Selling Point (USP)
- Develop own brand market positioning and perceptual map
The two key analysis reports, SWOT Analysis and Competitor Analysis could be formulated by going through the steps highlighted above, incorporating both internal and external data. Opportunities and risks are easily identified from both reports to further formulate forward strategy plan tapping into these white spots.
- Establish a proactive strategy planning team
- Achieve market sensitivity in a shorter time period
- Cost-saving. It helps businesses to cut back monetary spending on physical market visits, especially overseas market trips.
- Time-saving. It helps businesses to cut back time spent on competitor shopping and physical market visits.
Market research and competitor analysis are vital when developing your brand forward strategy. The combination of internal and external data insights provides greater visibility on market conditions in terms of brand positioning and performance, to better understand customer behavior and identify gaps between brand offerings and customer expectations. In summary, market analysis is one of the vital components to help businesses in gathering useful information and making wise business decisions.
Semoga artikel ini bermanfaat bagi Anda! Jika Anda memiliki pertanyaan atau ingin mengeksplorasi lebih tentang dashboard Omnilytics, silahkan menghubungi Client Success Manager Anda.